Registrations for LCUE are closed.
Come back to this page for updates!
Let’s Clean Up Europe
A European Clean-Up!
Every year, millions of tonnes of litter end up in oceans, beaches, forests and elsewhere in nature. The primary causes of this littering issue are our society’s unsustainable production and consumption patterns, poor waste management strategies and a lack of awareness of citizens.
Do you want to be part of the solution?
The Let’s Clean Up Europe (LCUE) campaign is active throughout all European countries.
In its 2020 edition, LCUE joined Let’s Do It! Italy and the cleaning actions were concentrated in the weekend of 19 and 20 September, the dates of the World Clean-up Day 2020.
By implementing clean-up actions, you contribute to solving the littering problem but you also raise awareness about the amount of waste produced, the importance of waste prevention and waste reduction! Clean-up actions can be communicated under the LCUE flag!
Important news for LCUE 2021 will be released soon.
When LCUE will start?
How can I be involved?
What can I do?
Stay tuned to get all these answers! 2021 Edition is going to extend and improve the engagement!
How to organise a clean-up action?
- Identify the problematic place to clean, then get your contacts on board and register your action. If you want to go big you can set up a team and find some support or sponsors.
- On the clean-up day it’s time for action! Gather your team and start collecting litter, sorting it as much as possible! Share ideas about the 3Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. We also have a LCUE factsheet with more details and ideas.
- Get more visibility by using our communication tools! You can download them here!
- Take pictures and videos of the event, share them on social networks (Facebook and Twitter) using the hashtags #cleanupeurope, #letsdoitworld, #worldcleanupday, #letsdoitItaly and send them to email@example.com.
Check our Flickr account to see inspiring photos of the clean-up actions along the years!
• Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2017
• Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2016
• Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2015
• Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2014
Who is coordinating LCUE 2021?
In 2020, the International Association for Environmental Communication in Italy (AICA) acted as a central coordinator for most territories. The contact information is below:
Twitter: @LetsCleanUpEU, @EnviInfo
There are two exceptions to this:
Catalonia | Coordinator: ARC – Agència de Residus de Catalunya
Contact: Mireia Padros firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this coordinator has a separate registration form, which can be accessed on its website.
Balearic Islands | Coordinator: Environment Ministry of the Balearic Islands Government