Let’s Clean Up Europe
A European Clean-Up!
Every year, millions of tonnes of litter end up in oceans, beaches, forests and elsewhere in nature. The primary causes of this littering issue are our society’s unsustainable production and consumption patterns, poor waste management strategies and a lack of awareness of citizens.
Do you want to be part of the solution?
The Let’s Clean Up Europe (LCUE) campaign is active throughout all European countries.
By implementing clean-up actions, you contribute to solving the littering problem but you also raise awareness about the amount of waste produced, the importance of waste prevention and waste reduction! Clean-up actions can be communicated under the LCUE flag!
The LCUE 2021 is on from 9 May to 28 November!
The 2021 edition of Let’s Clean Up Europe has been announced during a webinar on 5 May 2021 at 10!
This edition will be extended and it will be possible to register an action from 9 May to 28 November 2021 to allow all the European countries to adapt the clean-up activities to the local weather and the Covid19 restrictions.
For the first time, it will be possible to organize plogging actions – a sport practice that combines run and abandoned waste collection. Discover how to organise a great plogging initiative! Read the guidelines.
Check the map of the LCUE actions.
How to organise a clean-up action?
- Identify the problematic place to clean, then get your contacts on board and register your action. If you want to go big you can set up a team and find some support or sponsors.
- On the clean-up day it’s time for action! Gather your team and start collecting litter, sorting it as much as possible! Share ideas about the 3Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. We also have a LCUE factsheet with more details and ideas.
- Get more visibility by using our communication tools! You can download them here!
- Take pictures and videos of the event, share them on social networks (Facebook and Twitter) using the hashtag #cleanupeurope and send them to email@example.com.
Check our Flickr account to see inspiring photos of the clean-up actions along the years!
• Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2017
• Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2016
• Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2015
• Let’s Clean-Up Europe 2014
Who is coordinating LCUE 2021?
In 2020, the International Association for Environmental Communication in Italy (AICA) acted as a central coordinator for most territories. The contact information is below:
Twitter: @LetsCleanUpEU, @EnviInfo
There are two exceptions to this:
Catalonia | Coordinator: ARC – Agència de Residus de Catalunya
Contact: Mireia Padros firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this coordinator has a separate registration form, which can be accessed on its website.
Balearic Islands | Coordinator: Environment Ministry of the Balearic Islands Government