The Thematic Focus for 2018 was that of hazardous waste. Hazardous waste poses a greater risk to our health and our environment when compared to other types of waste. Thus, it is even more important to reduce our consumption of products with hazardous contents as well as make sure that they are properly disposed of. It is time to detox and diminish the use of such products in our nearest surroundings such as bathrooms, kitchens, sheds and garages!
To address this topic, some dedicated tools were developed.
Factsheets & activity sheets
- What is hazardous waste?
- DIY workshop: eco-cleaning products
- How to hold your own repair café
- Tips for recycling your e-waste
- E-stewards, an electronic waste recycling initiative
- Electronics recycling watchdog Basel Action Network
- Hazard pictograms – European Chemicals Agency
- Chemicals, What’s in it for you? – European Commission
- E-waste recycling guide
- Green Cleaning Resources
Read about the topics of previous and future years here.