In an age dominated by technology, our digital activities significantly contribute to environmental challenges, notably digital waste and pollution. Smartphones, with an expected installed base of 4.5 billion in 2022, pose a substantial environmental threat, projecting to generate 146 million tonnes of CO2 or equivalent emissions in 2022. While this accounts for a small percentage of global emissions, it remains a pressing concern.
The GreenCo Project, co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, has created an insightful eBook to guide you towards sustainable digital practices. The GreenCo eBook is centered around four key pillars:
The eBook is available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, and Bulgarian.
Here are six compelling reasons to download the GreenCo eBook:
- Understand the environmental impact: Dive into the challenges related to energy consumption, realising the consequences of digital actions and the need for impact reduction. Learn how to make informed decisions to minimise your carbon footprint.
- Practical energy-saving strategies: Gain practical ideas to minimise energy usage, reduce expenses, and contribute to a sustainable future. Empower yourself to take actionable steps in your daily life to reduce your ecological footprint.
- E-waste awareness and recycling: Explore categories of electronic waste and the importance of recycling. Discover how individuals can contribute to responsible electronic waste management on a personal level.
- Initiatives for responsible consumption: Learn about successful initiatives by governments, companies, NGOs, and citizens that inspire responsible consumption habits. Be encouraged to reduce emissions and make efficient use of resources.
- Environmental legislation overview: Analyse EU legislation until 2022 on environmental protection, focusing on energy reduction, green energy, the environment-ICT production link, and e-waste reduction.
- Empowering sustainable action: The GreenCo eBook empowers you to take sustainable actions in your personal and professional life, inspiring you to become an advocate for eco-friendly practices and spread awareness in your communities.