The environmental experts that compose the European Week for Waste Reduction (EWWR) jury convened online on 31 March to select the finalists of the 2020 edition of the campaign.
The jury shortlisted 16 creative and impactful actions out of a total of 84 nominations. The 16 finalists include three actions corresponding to each of the following award categories: public administration and organisation; business/industry; Association/NGO; educational establishment, and citizen(s). The jury also selected one winner of the European Special Prize, as the action that best exemplified the European spirit of cooperation towards waste prevention. The winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on 1 June.
The jury’s selection was based on the following criteria:
- communication and visibility;
- quality of the content;
- long-lasting impact and follow-up of the action.
LET’S MEET THE EWWR 2020 FINALISTS!
Public administration and organisation
- Another new shoes do not bring happiness! implemented by JP VOKA SNAGA d.o.o., Slovenia;
- A magical week with invisible waste implemented by Gästrike återvinnare, Sweden;
- Prevention of Marine Pollution in Barcelona: #beuresenseplastic challenge and ‘the sea starts here’ campaign implemented by Zero Waste working group and Barcelona City Council, Spain.
Business / Industry
- Against food Waste: Act differently implemented by Corporación Alimenntaria Peñasanta (CAPSA), Spain;
- Kaledobox implemented by ECOCUP NC, France;
- The Future of the Planet is Not Recyclable & Ecovalor, Schools to recycle! & Tons of Aid & Recycle BinGo 2 implemented by EGF – Environment Global Facilities, Portugal.
- Acción Plena: por el fomento de las 3R (boosting the 3R) implemented by Federación Plena Inclusión Asturias, Spain;
- Making the invisible visible: EWWR 2020 implemented by Mannheim Climate Protection Agency, Germany;
- Re´Compota (Re’Jam) implemented by ADCE – Associação de Desenvolvimento do Concelho de Espinho, Portugal.
- Movilizate por la Selva! implemented by CPI Castillo Qadrit, Spain;
- Questionnaire, games and launch of lasting actions during EWWR week implemented by Ecole Don Bosco, France;
- #MissieMinder (#MissionLess) implemented by MOS Vlaanderen, Belgium.
- Bye Bye Plastik Sylt implemented by Bye Bye Plastik Sylt Citizens, Germany;
- TOYS STORIES: Re-have fun! implemented by Teresa Monguilod Villa, Spain;
- Village of Climate Elves implemented by Ildikó Szabó Bozókiné, Hungary.
European Special Prize!
The sole winner will be announced together with the winners in the five categories above.
Stay tuned to better know the EWWR 2020 finalists!
Don’t miss any updates on the EWWR! Subscribe to our newsletter here