As already announced, the next edition of the EWWR will focus on Circular and Sustainable Textiles. In line with the thematic focus of the 2022 edition, we would like to share with the EWWR community the new Circular Fashion Awards call for entries. For the second time, the European Metropolis of Lille is organising the Circular Fashion Awards in partnership with EWWR Steering Committee Member ADEME, the Hauts-de-France region and the agency of the Lille-Kortrijk-Tournai Eurometropolis. The Awards aim to reward and highlight ecological innovations in the fashion/textile sector through the use of a variety of means:
- a European call for competition (France-Belgium-The Netherlands)
- an exhibition of the finalists at the Musée La Manufacture in Roubaix (France)
- a call for a public vote during 1 month
- an award ceremony in Lille (France)
For the first edition in 2020, more than 270 applications were submitted. Seven of them were rewarded following a wide-ranging vote to select the winners from among the 25 finalists.
What is circular fashion?
Today, new production models are emerging, based on the principles of the circular economy: taking into account environmental impacts, optimising the use of resources, extending the duration of use and paying attention to recycling. This is what is known as circular fashion. This more ethical model leads to a new way of consuming with the desire to maintain and create jobs.
The call for applications
The projects, which aim to bring a product and/or service to market, must combine innovation, sustainability and propose new economic models, in line with the challenges of social and environmental responsibility in the field:
- Eco-design: extending the life of objects, using recycled materials, limiting stocks, using local know-how;
- Distribution: short circuits, sale of services rather than products, repair, digital use in the service of communities of practice;
- Recycling: upcycling of materials considered as waste, including from other sources than textiles (food, plastic).
At stake: 7 trophies – prizes of up to €10,000 – Exhibition of the finalists’ projects at La Manufacture in Roubaix – Award ceremony in November in Lille.
Applications can be submitted at www.modecirculaire.com until 30 June 2022 at 17:00