Are you eager to discover the EWWR 2022 nominees? Our jury members are working on selecting the nominated actions among the more than 16 000 wonderful actions that took place in the 14th edition on Circular and Sustainable Textiles. Stay tuned, we will soon announce the nominated actions!
The Catalan Waste Agency (ARC) has selected five Catalan actions carried out during the 14th European Week for Waste Reduction to represent ARC’s area of influence in the EWWR 2022 Awards ceremony. The selection at regional level was based on the criteria defined by the jury of the European Awards: visibility and communicational aspects; quality of content; originality and exemplarity; lasting impact & follow-up.
In Catalonia, 1 162 waste reduction activities were carried out in 39 regions in the framework of the EWWR 2022 which took place on 19-27 November 2022. The nominees presented by the ARC in the different categories are:
- Public administration category: Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, with the “Conversion of Damaged Sheets” action. It has promoted the reconversion of 200 damaged adult single sheets into cot sheets
- Association category: the Esplai Blanquerna Group, together with the Dertocostura Association, carried out an action that promoted creativity and the use of discarded clothes.
- Educational establishment category: The Municipal Nursery El Petit Montgrí encouraged the manufacture of street flags using second-hand clothes.
- Business category: Axioma integral solutions and healthcare support services, has promoted a new service model for 5 Catalan hospitals with the progressive replacement of disposable surgical textile material with reusable ones, guaranteeing sterility and traceability requirements.
- Regarding the European Special Prize, ARC presents the Euroregion Pyrenees-Mediterranean, with the transversal project Eurotextil Circular, promoted by local social entities to raise awareness of the overconsumption of clothing and to show more respectful and sustainable alternatives to the public.
Read the full article on ARC’s website.
Join the EWWR Awards Ceremony in Dublin
Will one of these actions be the winner of the EWWR Awards? The best actions of the 2022 edition of the EWWR will be awarded in Dublin on 1 June 2023! As always, this will be a great opportunity to gather coordinators, action developers, and anyone interested in playing a role in waste reduction during a cheerful and inspiring event! This year, the participants will also be involved in the Dublin Circular Economy Hotspot! Don’t miss it and save the date!