“Our Future: Beautiful, Sustainable, Together”
• WHAT will be done
Our school will organise an event in which all the pupils of the school are going to participate. We are going to invite other local schools to participate as well as local authorities. Pupils’ parents will be invited to participate too. The event will be consisted of several activities. It will be more like a fair.
- Participants are divided to teams. Iconic liter (photos of different kind of liter) is thrown all over the schoolyard. Different kind of recycle bins(not real ones) (battery bins, blue bins, cloth & shoe bins etc) are placed at one side of the schoolyard. Teams must put as much items they can in the correct bin. EAch team earns points for every correct item.
- With the items above participants will create posters showing what kind of liter is thrown in each bin.
- A giant board game is already painted on the ground of the schoolyard. Players will roll the dice and have to answer correclty to questions concerning the themes of the event. If they answer wrong, they lose their turn.
- The iconic supermarket: Participants will have to choose what products to buy and what shopping bags or wrapping to use in order to reduce waste.
- Toy exchange: Participants will bring toys in good condition that they don’t want anymore in order to exchange and reuse.
- Participants go around the village (Metaggitsi) and pick the garbage.
- They throw the materials for recycling to the recycle bin. These are liter produced in school.
- Each participant has brought an item that can be reused and they present how.
- Participants make crafts by reusing waste.
- Our students have an eTwinning collaboration with Uli-Wieland-Grundschule Vöhringen, Vöhringen of Germany. The day of the event the 3 schools will meet online and play a quiz live. Also during the EWWR they are going to create a collaborative video promoting waste reduction.
• WHERE it will take place
will it happen?
Dates of the proposed action:
join hands and minds to prevent waste?
Check out other actions that will cover these themes: