Burgess EWWR Actions
• WHAT will be done
Recycling with Daiko
We are teaming up with our very own Burgess representative in MC, Saori Tanichi to contribute to her Daiko programme. Saori runs her own decluttering and resale service to help people sell clothes, shoes and accessories that they no longer need or use. Proceeds come back to the seller with Saori taking a commission – of which she donates a portion to charity.
Now it is winter and we challenge the Burgess Monaco employees to bring in one good item they no longer wear or use by end of the week ending 28 November. We will use the proceeds either to donate to a charity or buy reusable products for the new office space, eg. lunchboxes for anyone in the office to collect their Maison des Pâtes etc takeaways!
Reduce our Data pollution
The Data and Communication Industry has a HUGE carbon footprint – roughly equivalent to the aviation industry, between 2% and 3.7% of total global greenhouse gas emissions. And both these industries are predicted to double by 2025!
We will strongly encourage all employees to reduce their individual Data impact. Here below the list of advices that we are going to circulate.
- Empty your deleted items folder.
- Sort your email inbox by SUBJECT or SENDER, be amazed at the old emails you have and no longer need. Delete them.
- Go back to #1 and empty your deleted items folder again!
- Unsubscribe from all newsletters/mailing lists you no longer read.
- Then sort out your OneDrive folders and do the same!
Here are some other tips:
- Delete the thousands of photos and videos and screenshots on your phone that you no longer need!
- Delete phone apps you don’t use.
- Use your phone for quick internet searches instead of a laptop, it requires less energy
- Try the Ecosia search engine that plants trees as you search.
Reduce our pollution impact with transport alternative in Monaco
We subscribed to Monabike to suggest a new ecologic transport alternative to all Burgess employees in Monaco. To circulate in Monaco, employees will have two possibilities : Bus or Electric bike!
Reuse and make art
We are organising a “Reuse Art Exhibition” for all Burgess children during our annual Christmas Tree event. Children and parents are more than welcome to create a piece of art with the teme “Reuse”. This year the theme is “Marine animals”.
• WHERE it will take place
will it happen?
Dates of the proposed action:
join hands and minds to prevent waste?
Check out other actions that will cover these themes: